As a jobseeker, you are completely reliant on your cover letter to create a lasting first impression on hiring managers. This is why it is essential that you take the time to properly craft a cover letter that will represent you fully and demonstrate just what you have to offer. Consider our event specialist cover letter example and our list of do’s and don’ts to get a better understanding of what you should includeand what you should omitwhile drafting your next cover letter.
- Do use a template to keep things consistent and professional. It acts as a visual reminder of how organized you are, which is necessary for any successful event specialist.
- Don’t just repeat everything on your resume. Instead, use this space to include all the little details you couldn’t fit on your resume to help flesh out who you are as a person and as a worker.
- Do some research if you get stuck. The internet is full of attention-grabbing statements you could easily use to get results.
- Don’t be afraid to show what you can do. Hone in on what the manager wants and show that you can deliver it and more.
Event Specialist Advice
Searching for a job as an event specialist? Event specialists should be personable, knowledgeable about the product, have a well-crafted cover letter. Our cover letter examples will help you to create an event specialist cover letter that will help you get hired sooner. Just choose one of the templates below to get started, and edit/update it to fit your specific needs. With these cover letter examples, your new event specialist job could be just around the corner.
Cover Letter Tips for Event Specialist
If you’re looking for jobs as a Event Specialist, you will want to put to use some effective job seeking skills. The tips below should help keep you on track during this important process.
1. Stay positive. Having a positive mindset throughout the whole process will alleviate unnecessary stress and help remind you that your unemployment is only temporary. You might consider joining a support group to connect with others in your same situation.
2. Keep an open mind. While you may have had your sights set on a particular field or industry, it is important to keep your mind open to as many options as possible. Doing so will allow more opportunities to come your way.
3. Do some research. Doing a little preliminary research about an industry or company will help you gain insight as to whether or not you’d be a good fit there.
4. Connect with your network. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts that might be able to lend advice on the job market. You never know where your next job lead could come from.
5. Make a presence on social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to expand your network. These websites are also used by potential employers to access your professional profile.
Event Specialist Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to finding jobs as a Event Specialist, you should think of your cover letter as your calling card. Be sure your cover letter stands apart from the others with the following tips.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you are a doctor or academic using curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages. Your cover letter writing should be concise and relevant.
2. Do align the text flush left and use bullet points for listing items. These two formatting tricks will improve the organization and clarity of your writing.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Overly used expressions such as detail oriented” and team player” won’t do much to paint a picture of your unique work experiences. Avoid using such phrases whenever possible.
4. Do use a Summary of Skills” section to introduce your work history. This offers the reader with an overview of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following suggested order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
Event Planner Cover Letter Sample 1:
Please accept my application for the event planner position you currently have posted on your company website. The description for this position parallels my passions and qualifications perfectly as an Event Planner with three years of comprehensive event and customer service experience.
While I currently enjoy working at my current employers company, ultimately I know my heart wants to follow a different path and passion and I believe joining a full-service event production and event management company, such as yours, aligns with my interests and desires. I also have all the qualifications necessary to excel in this position. My current position as Special Events Manager has provided me with the opportunity to manage multiple events, budgets, deadlines, schedules, and programs for a very diverse demographic. I currently coordinate a variety of events including professional executive luncheons, formal legislative breakfasts, picnics for 450 individuals with disabilities, conferences of 500+ individuals, and golf tournaments with minimal supervision. I am also responsible for the marketing and advertising aspects of the events, and am skilled in the Adobe software, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.
Not only do I have the professional knowledge necessary to be successful in this position, but I also have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in customer service, working with a diverse population including organization members, executives, volunteers, event attendees, and coworkers. I am accustomed to working weekends and after-hours, as it is necessary in the event planning field. As an artist, I bring a creative and fresh approach to events as well as maintain a detail oriented and organized approach to event coordination.
My energetic and positive personality allows me to work well with others while still displaying a hard work ethic and professional demeanor. I am confident that my abilities and passion for events make me a successful and capable event planner. I welcome the opportunity to meet with you further to discuss my candidacy and qualifications. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Event Planner Cover Letter Sample 2:
I am highly interested in the role of the event planner position that you have available. Please accept this cover letter and the enclosed resume as my application for your review.
I believe your organization atmosphere is a perfect match to my field of expertise. My 15 years of progressive experience in various channels of event planning. Together with my previous sales experience in the entertainment industry as a supplier to events, has given me a valuable insight to the overall relationships of planning.
Having natural interpersonal and communication abilities, I have built a solid foundation of trust and strategic partnerships with clients, venues and service providers, which has separated us from the competition.
Other important features are the capacity for effective guidance and the ability to motivate staff and vendors to work together as a team. I am exceptional in handling multiple facets of event planning such as research for different venues, budget management, contract negotiation, staff training, event promotion, and outcome reporting. I will characterize myself as a problem solver, excellent team player, fast paced, energetic, and able to relate to people.
I believe that to be the best Planner requires thinking differently, adopting new behaviors and creating a culture to support success. It’s not just staying ahead of the competition, but changing the game by being unconventional, innovative, embracing new ways of working and creating successful events.
With this type of embracement and my event experience, I know that my creativity will enhance your already well know events. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you my abilities and the specific needs of your events.
Event Planner Cover Letter Sample 3:
My name is Jennifer Gates, I am a graduate from McMaster University with an Honors degree in Communications and have several years of event and marketing coordination experience.
My experience has given me an ideal foundation in sales, marketing and event coordination. I demonstrate both strong leadership and project management skills. My responsibilities have included preparing e-blasts, media buying, copy-writing/managing web, electronic and print media campaigns, establishing/preparing marketing calendars and their corresponding budgets, and research and apply marketing.
Some of my event planning experiences include:
- Golf tournaments with several activities throughout, including managing the branding aspect, of approximately 220 people.
- Social gatherings in a restaurant atmosphere with or without themes, upwards to 450 people.
- Social media event planning. Creating, promoting and using social media as the means to plan and promote events with an open amount of attendees.
From managing multiple deadlines and projects, to leveraging new media and alternate marketing outlets, my effective communication skills set and result driven attitude have given me a solid business foundation. While being an effective self-starter, I am also a creative team player with a âthink outside of boxâ approach. I understand the value of deadlines and goals and have a track record of creating effective plans and initiatives to reach those. I keep the clients vision statements in mind all the while maintaining their brand personality. I am motivated, resourceful and want to be an asset to your team.
I look forward to meeting with you to further discuss the opportunity to work with your company in the marketing industry and to apply the skills I have acquired through my education and to further enhance my marketing knowledge.